Thursday, July 12, 2012

2 out of 30! Woo hoo!

I have officially completed a "do it yourself" project that I am proud to show off! When you are an amateur at crafts, easy does it. So I sponge painted a canvas with one of my favorite Psalms on it. Since I am a little bit less than a perfectionist, I had to go back and cover up the yellow because there was not enough of a contrast... I forgot to get the whole progression captured on iPhone, but here's what I did get...




I kind of think it would look better completely gray, but I don't have enough color in my life as it is (hence, the black wardrobe, gray walls in my house, etc.) so I left it with the blue and green and yellow.

BUT, I was actually quite an overachiever last night... I started another DIY project that I am going to be glad to show off!!  It is not finished yet, but I will give you a hint... it starts with this boring lampshade.

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

Impressive!

Courtney Squillante said...

I LOVE the canvas! Can't wait to see the lampshade! :)

Honey said...

I love it!!

KD said...

Way to go! I knew you could do it :)