Saturday, March 9, 2013

eventful last couple of weeks

And by "eventful" I mean, Henry turned 3, and Matt and I celebrated our 7th anniversary! 

Henry had a "Pancakes and Pajamas meets Planes and Trains" birthday party, and I took the record for creating the longest party theme ever.  Here's the latest with Henry...

Funny things he says/does:

Henry: Is that your coffee?
Me: Yes.
Henry: Is it disgusting?
Me: You would think so.
-----------------
Hen: Is the sun going down?
Matt: Yes.
Hen: Is it going to the other side of that place?
-----------------
Usually when we make a suggestion for him (something we know he likes), he replies, "That sounds like a great idea!"
-----------------
Often if I overreact to the kids, I will apologize and often tell Henry that "Mommy needs Jesus."  The other day, I began my apology, and Henry, trying to finish my speech for me said, "Jesus needs mommy."  Well, no, not quite, but we're close.
-----------------
The other day we were getting ready for school, and he goes, "I'm so cute!"  We thought we'd start the narcissism early in this family.

Other notable stuff:
Kid is OBSESSED with trains.  He could play trains all day, everyday.  He is also obsessed with batteries... his favorite game is putting new batteries in toys that "don't work."  But he tries to trick us into thinking his toys are out of batteries.  I'm considering selling and/or hiding every toy in our house that requires batteries.

He is FULLY capable of being potty trained, but if I am super honest, I have just been so lazy about it.  I honestly think if I just put him in undies, he'd do fine.  Maybe I'll try it... we will see.

Also, when he has an idea or wants to tell us something, he sticks his pointer finger up in the air while he is talking.  Hard to explain, but pretty funny.

He takes awhile to warm up to people, but he is now pretty comfortable with his teachers at MDO, preschool, Bible Study, etc... and he has turned into a chatterbox with them.  He remains to be a little shy... he was SO excited for his friends to come to his birthday party, but then when they got there, he almost started crying, and then when everyone had left he said, "My friends all left!" But not in a sad or disappointed tone... more in like a "YES, I can finally relax!" tone.

He is also a homebody.  He would be happy staying at home ALL DAY, EVERYDAY, and he whines almost every single morning when I tell him where we are going. (We have morning activities Mon-Thurs plus church on Sunday, which we make it to about 75% of the time.)  He always has fun once he gets to school, etc.

Maybe I'll post pics soon.  Next post will probably be a Sam 15 month update.  That's my dying blog for ya.

No comments: