Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Why I might need to change my 30 before 30 list.

As you know, I have a love-hate relationship with my dentist.  They love me because I pay their salary plus bonus.  I hate them because they shame me into feeling like the worst person on planet earth, and I pay their salary plus bonus, and they bug me all the time to please make an appointment.  Hate might be a strong word, but see the texts they keep sending me??  I am rebelling.

I just saw that "reply STOP to opt out" line.  I need to do that!!!
Anyway, I have been avoiding the dentist because I'm pretty sure I have a broken filling, and I haven't been interested in spending an arm and a leg to make that right.  It doesn't hurt. (I know this makes perfect sense, right?) Plus, like I said, I am also avoiding the shame.  Do all dentists make you feel like a bad person or is it just mine?

The very first line on my 30 before 30 list is to go to the dentist and leave without a cavity, and while I have been flossing and consumed a record low in the candy dept. since June, I highly doubt that this will actually happen.  I do believe in miracles.

Anyway... I'm also in the market for a dentist.  If you like yours, let me know!

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

I really like mine! Dr. Eric Hollander on Parkcrest Drive (near 2222 and Mopac). Good luck :)

Courtney Squillante said...

Ugh. I always feel so pressured at the dentist, too! Bah!

judy said...

Our dentist is AMAZING. not just her but the whole staff is great. Dr. Powell from Powell & Tiller at wells branch and MoPac. :)

Ruth Boyd said...

Highly recommend Dr. Thomas Hassell... (MoPac and Anderson Lane)...the most gentle, calming and caring dentist you will ever find. Recommend Chrystal as the hygienist for cleanings... also very gentle and very thorough. 512-346-5540