Monday, March 18, 2013

recent downloads

Well, I'm sharing my life with you here on this blog. (Yet again.)  Part of that includes my awesome taste in music. (I'm being sarcastic.)

Note to world: If the band doesn't come on the radio, I probably haven't heard of them.  Also, even if they do come on the radio, chances are, it will take me half a year before I hear the "latest" hits because I am a cool mom who lets my kids watch Elmo while I drive.

You might judge me, but all your kids are jealous.

Two songs I like right now and just one line from each.

Jason Mraz. "I won't give up."

Favorite line?

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
There's so much they hold

I like that line for obvious reasons.  (Note: remember who has the "best eyes.")  Sorry, can't help the sarcasm.

(Case in point. When I told my sister that I liked this "new" song, her response was, "That's old."  I was like, "You mean like a few years old, or what?"  She meant a couple months.  Although, I'm pretty sure Jason sang this song when we went to his concert at the backyard last summer, so I should have known.)

Hillsong. "I surrender."

Favorite line(s).

"I surrender, I surrender
I want to know You more
I want to know You more..."

Okay, doesn't seem like much there, but add some music and it comes alive.  Mainly I like this line cause it's my heart.

You're welcome.

Also, I took a nap yesterday, which is always the end of me when it comes to sleeping through the night.  That's why this post was written at 3 AM.  Happy Monday!

No comments: