Friday, June 1, 2012

I am my husband..

It's humiliating for me to admit this, but after searching high and low (we are talking, on top of the fridge, in the trash can, in the drain of the sink, in the couch cushions, on my bed, on Henry's bed and everywhere in between), I found my mouth guard... and this time it wasn't anywhere cool like inside the VHS... nope, this time it was just laying out on my bedroom floor in plain view.  So yes, I have become my husband and no, I am not okay with it.

Next.  I should tell you that my dentist appointment was about as terrible as I could have planned yesterday, and I think it's because my dentist's office is really good a guilt trips, but anyway... This snapshot of my texting with Matt afterward sums it up nicely...


I know you can't see it very well, but that picture is a bulk package of toothpaste and floss I bought at Costco right after my appointment... I had to go there to get diapers - bad timing.  And yes, we have toothpaste and floss at home, but somehow this purchase helped me feel like I was doing something for the health of my mouth.  Rational mindset.  If I buy nice workout clothes maybe I will want to go to the gym.  If I buy crafts, maybe I will want to be crafty.  Thankfully ONE of us is rational... maybe the other one of us will regain her ability to not lose things and together we can be a fully functional adult?

Happy Friday.


1 comment:

Brittany said...

My favorite part is "I have a plan for dinner!" I feel so accomplished when I actually plan out dinner ahead of time! :)