Monday, June 18, 2012

Thirty before Thirty. Two Year Edition.

Yours truly is 28 today!  You read it right, today is my birthday, and I'm hoping I can remember how old I am over the next year.  So I've seen some of my older, wiser friends creating their very own "thirty before thirty" bucket lists.  Most of them do this on their 29th birthday, but I am going to be a trendsetter and give myself two whole years to do complete my list.

Yes, I put things on here that I was already planning on doing anyway. :)  Is that cheating?  Don't know, don't care. Here's the list.
  1. Run a half marathon.
  2. Memorize Romans 6-8
  3. Go to the dentist and leave without a single cavity.
  4. Take a kid-free vacation.
  5. Go one week without eating out at all.
  6. Complete 50 consecutive push-ups.
  7. Go to the Austin Children's Museum.
  8. Learn to mow the lawn.
  9. Take a day at the spa.
  10. Sponsor a Compassion International child.
  11. Go to a concert at The Backyard.
  12. Go to a concert at Stubbs.
  13. Complete a "do it yourself" project that I would be glad to show off.
  14. Complete the Austin Stone Institute's Women's Development Program.
  15. Learn about a different culture.
  16. Go to a Hill Country Vineyard.
  17. Eat at Uchi.
  18. Go stand up paddle-boarding on Town Lake.
  19. Read a book that's classical fiction.
  20. Read a book that's fiction, but not classical.
  21. Take a vacation to Gulf Shores Alabama.
  22. Go one week without any caffeine at all.
  23. Start my "dream" blog.
  24. Disney World!
  25. Eat at Gordough's.
  26. Learn to garden (like flowers, not vegetables).
  27. Write a Bible Study
  28. Go to a workout class at my gym.
  29. Go rock climbing (like indoor).
  30. Host a guest at my house who I don't already know.
I plan to expand on some of these later, but time is not going to allow me to do that today.

Much love to my bloggy friends.  I am thankful for YOU on this 28th birthday.

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

This is a great list! Excited to watch your progress. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY (again)!!!

KD said...

Love your list. I didn't finish. I should have started when I turned 28. But you know what the list taught me...I don't care if I finish the list and that was a great feeling! Oh let's go rock climbing! I wanted to go a few months ago but didn't think that was an approved activity for someone who is (was?) pregnant!
Happy Birthday Leah!

Courtney Squillante said...

Love your list! Hope your birthday was wonderful!

momfriend said...

I would love to join you in all the fun ones! Maybe i should make a 30x2 list to work on for the next 4 years!!!
xxoo
ee