Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday

Fun fact: I LOVE 40 day fasts. I do them all the time (but usually they only last like 20 days, sometimes 10.). This might be because I am an "all or nothing" person... it might also be because I am a loser, but that's really not for me to decide. Life would be much better if I could learn Matt's approach... moderation.

Unfortunately, last week I participated in Fat Monday, Fat Tuesday, Fat Wednesday, Fat Thursday, Fat Friday, Fat Saturday, Fat Sunday, AND Fat Monday again. I was trying to make it all the way through today so that I could REALLY get motivated for 40 days of asceticism starting tomorrow, but my extreme lack of self-control for the past week has made it impossible for me to enjoy indulging in anything else on this lovely Fat Tuesday.

So I have already finished off all of the ice cream and candy in the house, and today I am getting mentally prepared for the lent of a lifetime, which includes but is not limited to a fast from Facebook, Television, and sweets. And for the record, I have never attempted to fast from sweets for lent before, so this could potentially get very ugly.

Hope you have a very FAT Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"All or nothing" is another trait you have in common with Peter. I am glad Matt has to live with you while you are fasting from these things and not me! Even though I love you :)

Erin Mills said...

I have faith in you, Leah. YOU CAN DO IT! Keep us updated!!!!