The other day we were out and a woman in her late 40s or early 50s told Matt that he looks like Roger Federer. She also made sure to let us know that she finds Roger Federer very attractive...You do the math. Of course I agree with her, for Matt's sake.
A few weeks ago, a dude at Starbucks told me I looked like Jenna Bush. He made the same type of follow up comment as the cougar. Something along the lines of, "You may not agree with her dad, but that doesn't mean she's not attractive..." Brilliant statement.
Speaking of Starbucks, what does it mean when the baristas at 3 different locations in Austin recognize you and the baristas at 2 different locations know your name? What does that say about me as a person? Unemployed? They probably think so, but they are wrong. "Independent Contractor" is more like it.
Speaking of baristas, Darren, my barista friend, wants me to tell all of my blog friends that he says hello. Darren has a wife of 14 yrs and two kids, FYI. Darren told me the secret to staying married 14 yrs is putting your spouse above yourself. Good thinking, Darren!
Speaking of blogging, did anyone else watch Saturday Night Live this past weekend? Kristen Wiig appeared on the Weekend Update segment with Seth Meyer as "Blog Lady." She was wearing a sweater, holding a coffee cup and making fun of people. The skit was hinting at the fact that she was the loser, even though she was convinced otherwise. I laughed, but then after I thought about it, I asked Matt if I should take it personally.
Cause let's be perfectly honest here... I spend a considerable amount of time blogging, drinking coffee, and making fun of people. (Read "more you never wanted to know about the Starbucks ditz" if you don't know what I am talking about.) Matt just laughed, so I don't know what that means.
Hope you are all having an excellent Tuesday! Till next time...
1 comment:
Funny! I was unaware of the terms barista and cougar! So I am now educated. I didn't know that you went to so many different Starbucks!
Post a Comment