Monday, February 2, 2009

"take a big glass of RELAX"

I am pretty sure Matt saw me change from Dr. Henry Jekyll to Mr. Edward Hyde right before his very eyes today. Seriously, it is amazing how a full bladder and rush hour traffic will change you from a normal person to an evil villain.

Long story short, I had to go #1 at like 3:00, but we had to be somewhere at 3:30, and due to time constraints I never got to go. Two hours later, we were trying to leave a crowded parking lot, and I still needed to go. In hindsight, I should have stopped to go before we left the event, but we were trying to beat the crowds. I also should have let Matt drive.

So two things are going through my head. 1- I really have to pee. 2- Matt has already missed like three hours of work today, and he needs to get back. These things are not helpful in bumper to bumper traffic.

Of course there was a lot of shouting and trash talk (at the other drivers) the whole way back to Matt's office. But I think the last string (for Matt) was when I started trying to make eye contact at a stoplight with some dude behind me who was upset that I didn't run a yellow light. I wanted to give him the evil eye. Haha. :) I really should not share these things with anyone.

Actually, I forgot that right as I was trying to pull into the driveway of Matt's office, there was a car leaving the office parking lot, and instead of being on the RIGHT side of the driveway, she was in the very middle of the driveway... so I couldn't pull in. So I yelled, "YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DRIVEWAY, LADY!!!!!!!!!!" And dramatically pulled around the building to the other entrance. Matt looked at me like I was possessed by something, to which I innocently replied, "What? She's gonna cause a wreck!" Ha. :)

Needless to say, I parked, and he got out as fast as he could. I went inside, took care of business, and came out a normal person. I am proud to report that I did not raise my voice once on the way from his office to the house. Of course we can all look back and laugh at this now.

(1- The title of this post is something Matt tells me OFTEN. 2- For those of you who are worried about this, I appreciate your concern, and promise that I will continue to repent and ask forgiveness and resolve to change until I am cured of road rage. I believe that day is coming. :) 3- Sorry if this was TMI for you.)

3 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

You make me laugh.

BTW... you have letter G. Have fun and don't let me down!!!! I decided to continue in the alphabet from where I left off.

The Joiners said...

HA I can relate so much to this post that it makes me sad for both of us. Except it isn't just traffic that turns me into a raving lunatic- just about anything will do it if my mood is bad enough... my poor husband :)

the blogivers said...

Ditto to everything that Amanda said - your rage sounds so familiar to mine that it's a little scary!