Do you know me at all? Do you know how I have spent the last 5 1/2 years of my life? If so, then you will find this post HILARIOUS.
I got this really special piece of mail this week. It reads as follows:
"Dear Leah Gibson,
You were recently chosen [emphasis mine] as a potential candidate to represent the professional and business community of Austin, Texas in the Biltmore 2009 Honors Edition of Who's Who Among Executives and Professional Women.
We are pleased to notify you that your candidacy was formally approved February second, two thousand nine. Your confirmation will be validated within seven business days following our receipt of your enclosed Verification..."
The letter goes on w/ the last paragraph reading, "Ms. Gibson, on behalf of our Committee I salute your accomplishments. Welcome to the Biltmore Who's Who roster."
Umm yeah...breathe and laugh for a moment.
The reason this is funny is that I don't have any business accomplishments. I'm not trying to be overly self-deprecating either. It is just the truth.
(By the way, you know it's really bad when you call your accomplished sister to tell her the news - as a joke - and she starts laughing hysterically.)
Nevertheless, the new line in the Gibson household is, "Hey, who's who?" We think we are funny.
5 comments:
I hope you didn't give them your phone #. They will call you and offer you their "special deals."
Nonsense, I think you are a great professional business executive...Real Estate, 24 hour fitness, Gibson Family executive, Peej babysitter exec....
spoken like a true mom
Hey Leah, love reading your bloggs!
You are hilarious! Wanted you to
know I too received the same letter
a week or so ago! I am almost 52,
and haven't worked in 27 yrs!!
Keep writing! much love
Debbie
Beah, you have made it! I am so proud of you! So funny.
Post a Comment