Monday, February 23, 2009

miracle juice

Does anyone else love the fact that at HEB these days there are almost two entire aisles devoted to non-alcoholic beverages? Cause when we were growing up it was pretty much water, soda, plain tea, and juice. Now there's stuff like Starbucks in a bottle, herbal tea for every ailment that you've never heard of, organic-pomegranate-infused-super-antioxidant-rich-cancer-fighting-magic-juice, and kombucha. I love this aisle, even though my practical self realizes it's just a slew of clever marketing schemes.

Anyway, this weekend as I walked past all the special juice, I remembered a conversation Matt and I had awhile back that's worth sharing.

Leah (in ditz mode): "I wish there was some sort of drink that tasted good, that was healthy, that would suppress my appetite, that didn't have any calories, and that would speed up my metabolism."

Matt (think somewhat condescending tone of voice here): "They do. It's called WATER." (Why is he always soooooooo practical!??!)

Leah: "No, but I want something ELSE." (Sort of sounds like a 2 year old now that I think about it.)

The end. Happy Monday! Maybe go get yourself some miracle coffee to make it through the work day.

4 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

Y'all crack me up.

Honey said...

Have ya'll ever thought of doing a reality show?

O.M.G. said...

i know what you mean!
i've had the kombucha stuff...ginger flavor. it was exciting, tangy, tingling,& refreshing! that combination made it almost addictive. but the price and fact that it's so exotic i'm a bit scared by it, means i've only bought it twice. fluids are fun!

Leah said...

I'm afraid that I'd come across waaaaay too Jessica Simpsonish if we had a reality TV show.