So on Saturday, Matt graciously drove me through Starbucks - he was going to make me get out and go in to order, but I gently reminded him that I was very pregnant and it was cold outside. I ordered my usual - a tall Pike's Place coffee with cream. It wasn't till I was about to take my first sip, maybe 5 minutes later that I realized they forgot the cream.
At that point, we were already nearby another Starbucks, so I ended up walking inside anyway to put cream in my coffee - I've tried drinking it black before... just can't do it.
Fast forward to today. I really needed coffee in order to get OUT of the house, but alas, there was none in my house at all. I managed to pull myself together ENOUGH this morning to get in the car with Henry and go for a Starbucks run. And it's a good thing because without that caffeine, we really might have stayed in our pajamas all day long. In fact, I left the house in Matt's sweatpants - a risky move if I might say so.
This time, I ordered a GRANDE coffee w/ cream. When I reached the drive thru window, the barista tried to hand me a granola bar that I had definitely not ordered. So when she handed me my coffee, I considered the granola bar mix up combined with Saturday's incident. To make sure they didn't have my order confused with the person's behind me in line, I politely asked if the coffee had cream in it while removing the little "splash stick" to make sure that it was light brown colored and not black. (I was also thinking that if they forgot cream, I would NOT want be getting out of the car in Matt's sweatpants to fix the problem.)
Barista rudely interrupted my question in a very snotty tone. "The coffee has everything you asked for in it." I drove off.
Everything, huh? Because I only asked for cream - so what else did you put in there, smarty pants? Apparently she was offended that I would even think to ask if they got my order right.
It's a good thing that I drove off before I felt the intensity of my reaction to barista, otherwise I might have been rude to her face. (For the record, this barista has a track record with me... I was in the store when she was applying/interviewing for her job, and I cannot forget her because of the incident that happened that day. Another story, another time.) She's got an attitude.
How badly do I want to write the regional Starbucks manager and share my experiences with this lovely lady? Unfortunately I don't know her name. Also thinking maybe I should give her some grace. Times like these when I appreciate grace the most - when I realize how difficult it is for me to give it.
1 comment:
Was it at the one by my house? If so, which barista was it? This post totally sounds like something I would have written myself - we are long lost Starbucks soulmates :)
Post a Comment