This thankfulness series is ambitious, I can say that much.
I am thankful that Henry's annual surgery follow up went so well yesterday! We saw Henry's surgeon, an ENT doctor, an audiologist, and a speech therapist (I think that's what she was?). They are basically making sure his development, hearing, etc. is all on track. I guess if it wasn't on track, that might be a sign of pressure in his head or something? Not really sure. But anyway, we "passed" all the exams, and we don't have to go back for another year so that's nice.
Plus, bonus. Henry saw his ophthalmologist last week, and she and the surgeon have decided that we can space out his semi-annual check ups... now he only has to go to the ophthalmologist once a year. Yippee! The ophthalmologist also looks for pressure in the brain via the eyes with some pretty amazing equipment. Henry's eyes look great.
We also briefly met a couple in the waiting area today whose little 6 month old girl was meeting with the surgeon for her two month follow up of the same exact surgery. I was sort of bummed that I didn't get to talk to them longer because, as you'd expect, we NEVER meet other kids who have experienced the same thing. It was so fun to see that zig-zag scar on someone else... not that I wanted her to have the scar, but you know what I'm saying.
Anyway, enough is enough. Thank you, Lord, that this appointment was uneventful.
No comments:
Post a Comment