Today I am thankful for HALLOWEEN CANDY! I have a major sweet tooth. Everyone who knows me knows that.
On Mon night, we walked to a block party down the street because we had gotten an invitation on our door, and since we've been trying to meet some of our neighbors it seemed like a good idea. The plan was to trick-or-treat after mingling for a while, but we ended up having such a good time that we never ended up trick-or-treating. AND (bonus) we met some neighbors who have a little boy just about one month older than Henry.
So, before it was time to leave, I realized that I was probably not going to be stealing a lot of trick-or-treat candy from Henry, which is the whole reason I wanted him to go anyway.
You can decide if this was appropriate or not - probably not - but right before we left the party, I took about two handfuls of candy from the bowl that the hosts (our new, previously mentioned friends w/ little boy) had out in their yard for the kids. And, you should remember that I have man hands- I can take a lot in a handful.
So maybe instead of being thankful for the Halloween candy, I should be thankful for my man hands. :) Or maybe I should be thankful for some new friends? Eh, I'll keep it simple and stick with Halloween candy.
True Story: Yesterday, in an attempt to save myself from myself, I knotted up all of the leftover Halloween candy that we didn't pass out in a plastic grocery sack, and placed it at the very top of the pantry, hoping to forget about it. Then, 20 minutes later, I returned to the bag, tore it open, and continued eating candy.
Another true story: I had been saving a mini-pack of grape Nerds to eat after dinner last night. When I finished dinner and went to look for them they were gone. MY HUSBAND - the guy who NEVER eats candy or sweets - had snatched them! I may or may not have called him a bad word... joking of course. Sort of.
4 comments:
Ha! I think he snatched it to keep it away from you! :)
We bought our candy last week and opened every single bag to eat out of before Halloween. Then we ended up passing out all that was left Monday night, but don't worry because we went to Target yesterday and bought more on clearance.
You have man hands? I don't think I knew that.
YOU CRACK ME UP!! I have a horrendous sweet tooth myself. It's times like these when I miss being pregnant--I didn't feel nearly as guilty then! Happy candy-eating!
Post a Comment