Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thankful: Day 12 [Staycations and Babysitters]

Matt's parents are watching Henry this weekend, which I am so thankful for!  They are such great grandparents - they babysit weekly, and then they act like we are doing them a favor.  It really is dreamy.

So Matt and I were going to go out to the lake, but plans changed, and we are staying at home without the little guy.  I've decided I'm also thankful for this last minute change of plans because I am in serious nesting mode, and unless I make myself think differently, all I think about all day long is getting stuff done around the house.  So being "stuck" 45 minutes away from home and not taking an opportunity without child to actually accomplish something this weekend would have been brutal for me.

Thankful for staycations and babysitters!

Oh, and of course, the one day that Henry is not sleeping with us, I wake up totally restless at 4:45 am.

1 comment:

Tracy's Porch said...

Man, you are one lucky lady. I would love to have an empty house for even a day to get things done!