Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Overposting, Oversharing

It's my blog, I can do what I want to.

I thought I'd share (since I'm in the business of oversharing) this very ironic story about our "Henry" song.  Ironic considering some of the names that are in the lead over there on that poll.

My mom makes up songs for all of her grand-kids when they are born.  (Or more accurately, changes the words to songs that already exist.)  One of Henry's songs is just different words to the song, "I'm Henry the 8th."

It goes like this:

I'm Henry Webb I am, Henry Webb I am, I am
I was born into the Gibson clan
They welcomed me with open hands
Everyone called me Henry
They wouldn't have a WILLIE or SAM
I'm the first grandson, I'm Henry
Henry Webb I am I am, Henry Webb I am.

And looky there! William and Samuel are up there at the top of the list.  (At least as of now.)  So would we have to change the words to Henry's song?  And my goodness, I had no idea people liked the name "Sam" so much.  Seriously.  Or maybe you just don't like any of the other names, but I don't really care.

Anyway, here's to spending way, way, waaaaaaay too much time thinking about this over the last 48 hours.

No comments: