Most of you were probably not around to pay much attention to my most recent hair debacle over the Thanksgiving holiday - which is a good thing for me. The drama and recovery are chronicled here and here, in case you missed it.
Anyway, I will have everyone know that I got it fixed on Saturday, and it looks much better. Based on all the comments, I know you were very, very concerned. (That or you're thinking, "Shut your mouth about the hair already!") HOWEVER...
Let me just say that the truth has come out NOW, after the crisis has been averted. You see, I went to dinner with my most honest father and brother on Saturday night after everything was better. At that point my dad said with some serious emphasis, "Oh, your hair looks MUCH better. It looked really bad yesterday compared to this." I almost thought he was just joking to poke fun at my overreaction (which he actually knew nothing about), but I kept asking him "Are you joking, or serious?" And it turns out, he meant it. He admitted that he didn't think it looked "that bad" until he compared the old, messed up hair, with the newly improved hair. My dad's wife at that point felt free to comment that she agreed it also looked much better now, etc.
So you see, people probably really didn't think my hair looked bad, but this just proves that my suspicions were accurate. Fortunately, Matt is not very observant, like at all, so I could look like I got hit by a train or an ugly stick, and he'd be happy regardless.
I am thankful to feel like it wasn't all in my head. Thankful for the stylist who was really sweet to fix it for me and not take too much offense... Thankful for the honesty of my male family members who have at times told me that I look "grungy" and other really nice adjectives like that. Matt could never get away with such honesty.
Happy Monday!!! Only two more days of this thankfulness series, and I can't lie and say I am not happy about it because I'm tired of hearing myself talk.
No comments:
Post a Comment