Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful: Day 10 [Peppermint Ice Cream]

I am thankful for Blue Bell Peppermint Ice Cream.  Need I say more?

I guess to save this from being a cop-out post, I will list some more food stuff I am thankful for.

I am thankful that yesterday's Groupon was for "Branch Ranch Natural" meats.  I just recently watched "Food, Inc." and I am not sure my life will ever be the same - at least as far as meat is concerned. Trust me, I watched "Supersize Me" in college, and it doesn't even compare to "Food, Inc."  I won't lecture you, and I'm going to try not to become a total fanatic (because our grocery bill might quadruple if I did- and I'd have to give up Blue Bell Peppermint Ice Cream), but I will say I was super excited about that Groupon!

Other food I am thankful for?
  • Soups that I can cook on Monday and then eat all week with leftovers to freeze so that I don't have to cook next week either.
  • Breads/Muffins that I can bake on Monday and then eat all week so I don't have to prepare breakfast in advance for Henry or for me.  Plus, I can sneak healthy stuff into them without anyone knowing.
  • Creme Brulee. (My dessert of choice at my surprise baby "shower" on Monday.)
  • Pizza.  I mean, isn't it just so good?  And I have a new-found appreciation since it is a meal in itself, even without any meat. The next pizza joint Matt and I are going to try is Promise Pizza, which uses all organic ingredients.  I've heard it's good, and we have a coupon, which you need if you are going to be eating organic pizza.  Bonus.
  • TACO DELI!!!  I LOVE myself some Taco Deli.  It is so dang good.  And I recently found out that they use organic eggs.  Very important, obviously. JK.  No, but it's just an added bonus.  Matt and I started a tradition during our first year of marriage where we go get breakfast tacos almost every Saturday.  We used to go to Rudy's, which is still good, which we still frequent.  But we were introduced to Taco Deli, and it is now the favorite.  I like the migas tacos.  And, oh my, they have the best salsa!  It's so dang good.  Taco Deli is located right by the hospital where I am going to deliver baby #2, and you better bet that (in addition to the breakfast I will order from the hospital) Taco Deli will be my first postpartum breakfast.
Wow.  To think I was going to cut off this post after the second sentence.  I had fun just writing about all the foods I am thankful for.

2 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

Yup, Food, Inc will get ya. It was a looong time before I could drive through McDonalds after watching it. But, alas, old habits die hard :-( I can't say I have abstained from fast food.

I do get organic meats, dairy and produce for sure for home use and i love when I am out and see that a place uses organic!

Courtney Squillante said...

I love food. :)