Tuesday, November 15, 2011

VOTE for a NAME!

Okay, friends, we are feeling desperate for a baby name.  When I'm asking my five year old nephew and my less than two year old son what we should name our child, it's bad.  It's worse when I start typing into Google, "What should I name my baby?"  Then I get routed to a site called "baby genie" and it literally just produces a random name for me.

So, if you'll direct your attention to the side of my blog, there is a poll with FIVE NAMES in no particular order. I made a poll last night on Baby Center, and the names on that poll were different (some were the same- oh, and one is spelled wrong, but it's out anyway).  Quite honestly, I don't love or hate any of these names more than the other.  Some of them Matt likes more than me and vis versa.  Our families seem to have strong opinions in opposite directions, so most likely, this poll won't get us any closer to a decision.  There's a chance that the name we give our child isn't even on this list. (Matt has been trying to make up his own names.)

Anyway, please vote, so we don't end up leaving the hospital with a baby named "Brother Gibson" or "Boy Gibson" or "Gibblet Gibson" (as Matt has been fondly referring to him against my will).

Oh and feel free to be brave and comment with your own potential name ideas.  We could have literally added five more to this list.

10 comments:

Steph said...

you've got some great options, leah! i hope the right one sticks out sooner rather than later so that you don't have to worry about it any more. do you ever read the swistle baby name blog? i think you should email her and let her post it!

Tracy's Porch said...

You need to go to your back door and shout the names together like you are calling the boys in for dinner. Whichever two sound the best together is the one to go with :-) (That is the advice Tommy gave me with Gracie.)

Example..."Henry and Sam!" "Henry and Owen!" and on....

Erin Mills said...

Leah - I LOVE all of these names. LOVE LOVE LOVE... if there was a "Vote for all" button I would push it...which then vetos all of my votes. ;)

Marie said...

I vote for Gibblet

Marie said...

I vote for Gibblet

jen said...

i voted for owen b/c if my husband's opinion didn't count in picking a name i would use owen for this baby..but it does. but then i thought samuel was a good choice too and went well with henry. i don't know. name picking is a chore when you don't have something that just really stands out.

Courtney Squillante said...

Um, I love them all!!!!! What great choices! Sorry for no input, but I love them all! My favorite website is babynamewizard.com They also have a tab where you can plug in Henry's name and it shows what others have named siblings. Interesting... Plus, the baby name voyager part is my absolute fave- I'm totally addicted!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that you made a poll. So awesome.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that you mae a poll. That is so awesome. And SUCH great choices!

Judy Lau said...

baby owen is on the list!!! just voted :)